This story starts when we had to provide audio to an HTML5 game we were building.
The game is for mobile browsers, actually a limited and updated range of mobile browsers: Safari for iOS 6+, and the stock browser (i.e. the default browser) for Android 4+. With the well known scaling trick (CSS “transform: scale(…)”) which we built in our mobile app, we got it to run quite nicely in all resolutions, so also on desktop browsers. Hence we would want our audio solution to work also on desktops.
We started a new project entirely dedicated to games. Gamamoto project aims to create a series of games focused on the web and using it as main developing platform. We are now working to the first release and we are…